Contract IT Support
Annual IT support contracts provide IT support at a fixed cost each month. The amount each month depends on how many staff, offices and the size of your IT inventory. To this end, we fully assess this at no charge and provide you with a formal quote.
There are three levels of support, designed to fit your budget. These are described below.
Our Comprehensive plan covers everything, including unlimited onsite and telephone support, project work, strategic consultancy and procurement advice and the replacement of faulty hardware components. It makes your IT expenditure simple and predictable. The cost per month depends on the number of users, offices & size of IT inventory, but we will conduct a full site-survey at no charge to provide the exact cost before you decide.
The Intermediate plan is the same as the comprehensive plan above, except it excludes the replacement of faulty hardware components. However, it includes unlimited onsite and telephone support, project work and strategic consultancy and procurement advice. It makes your IT expenditure largely predictable, although you do bear the cost of any failed components. The cost per month depends on the number of users, offices & size of IT inventory, but we will conduct a full site-survey at no charge to provide the exact cost before you decide.
With the Essential plan, basic IT support is covered at a very affordable fixed monthly fee. You get unlimited telephone support plus 4 hours of onsite or remote support per month and strategic / procurement advice. It is important to note it doesn't include project work or replacement of faulty hardware components so, ultimately, your monthly cost can vary.
WHAT IS MEANT BY PROJECT WORK?
Projects are anything that is more than ad hoc support or one-off replacements of faulty or failed PCs, printers, access points. The keywords to remember are ad hoc and one-off.
Examples of project work:
- Upgrading a particular software application or operating system on two or more computers to the latest version
- Increasing the amount of memory in two or more computers, replacing the hard disks to ones with larger capacities in two or more computers, replacing monitors for larger monitors on two or more computers
- Replacing all wireless access points to the latest models
- Replacing two or more computers for ones of a higher specification
- Moving or setting up equipment in new offices or branches including infrastructure and comms equipment
- Installing new datapoints
Examples of ad hoc and one-off support:
- A user has a problem printing
- A user has a problem logging in
- A user has a problem receiving emails or using Word, Excel or any other application
- A user's computer system becomes faulty (e.g. no longer boots, hard disk fails, battery for laptop no longer holds a charge, can't connect to wireless or wired network or internet)
- There is an internet outage or emails are not being received
- A wireless access point becomes faulty / needs to be replaced
- The router becomes faulty / needs to be replaced
- A printer becomes faulty / needs to be replaced
- Replacing a single computer that has become faulty
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN ALL HARDWARE COMPONENTS?
Literally all modular or replaceable components, including RAM, hard disks, network adapters, RAID cards, power supply units, motherboards in PCs, servers or NAS units and LCD backlights or panels in laptops (desktop monitors excluded). When replacing components, we will use our discretion. For instance, if it is more cost effective to replace an entire base unit instead of a motherboard, we will do this.
NOTE: Although not included as standard, we do include standalone peripherals like desktop monitors, mice, keyboards, routers with prior agreement.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN ALL HARDWARE COMPONENTS?
Consumables like laptop batteries, printer ink or toner cartridges or standalone peripherals like desktop monitors, mice, keyboards, routers, unless with prior agreement.
NOTE: For wireless networks, we offer a sperate, all-inclusive wireless network support package. This includes support for all access points and controllers, ongoing maintenance, adding, amending or reconfiguration of access points, SSIDs, passphrases, networks. Please contact us for details.
PRICES & PAYMENT
The annual support fee is paid by the client over the duration of the contract in 12 interest-free instalments at the beginning of each month. By spreading the cost in this way our IT support contracts are more affordable and convenient.
Download full details of our support contracts in PDF format here.